Insights on Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care has been practiced for over a century. The father of chiropractic was Daniel David Palmer who in 1895 performed the first “chiropractic adjustment” on a patient who had apparently lost his hearing when he felt his back “pop.” Legend said that Palmer managed to push his back into alignment and the man’s hearing returned. From that point on Palmer researched and investigated how the spine affects so many different aspects of the body. The practice of chiropractic was born.
Nowadays there are some 100,000 chiropractors practicing the world over. In the past few years alone, the treatment has grown even more popular, especially with the opioid epidemic going on around us. People are searching for other ways to alleviate pain. Chiropractors are able to help in this regard and patient satisfaction can be seen anywhere, just google chiropractor near me and see for yourself how many positive reviews people leave for chiros they have used.
More importantly though, science backs up these results. Let’s have a look at some stats and facts and other insights on chiropractic care:
- Chiropractic comes from two Greek words. Cheir and Praktos. Cheir means hand and Praktos, to do. The two together mean done by hand.
- Chiropractors now form the third most popular form of doctor in the US. Only medical doctors and dentists are more commonplace.
- 2100 adjustments are done every minute. That’s about 27 million adjustments done every year!
- Most professional sports teams have chiropractors working for them to help their players return from injury and move better. Every NFL team does.
- One study observed two back pain patient groups. One group sought medical and pain killer treatment. The other had chiropractic treatment. Over a 4 week period of treatment 56% of medically treated patients observed a 30% reduction in pain. 94% of the chiro group experienced the same 30% pain reduction over the same time frame.
- $84 million of Medicare money could be saved each year by seeing a chiro instead of a medical doctor.
- Chiropractic treatment is far safer than using pain killers. Studies have looked at the associated risks with chiropractic care and found that any risk is negligible.
At Audubon Park Chiropractic, we treat many patients every month. We are proud to be part of their pain relieving process and often advise our patients to do stretching exercises as well to further improve healing.
If you have never been to a chiropractor, we would love to see you and explain how it works. We don’t do anything you are comfortable with and treat our patients with the care and respect they deserve. If you’re in pain, come in and see us. We accept walk ins and many insurances too.