10 Tips for Relieving Back Pain
At Audubon Park Chiropractic here in the heart of Spokane, we are all about helping our patients out of pain and remaining pain free. To this end, we’ve come up with 10 great tips to help with back pain relief.
Check them out here.
- Stay active: Even if you’re experiencing back pain, it’s important to stay active and avoid prolonged periods of sitting or lying down. Regular exercise and movement can help reduce pain and improve flexibility.
- Apply heat or cold: Applying a heat or cold pack to your back can help reduce pain and inflammation. A cold pack is particularly helpful for acute pain, while heat can be more effective for chronic pain.
- Practice good posture: Poor posture can contribute to back pain, so make an effort to sit and stand up straight, with your shoulders back and your feet flat on the ground.
- Stretch and strengthen your back muscles: Simple exercises, like stretching and strengthening your back muscles, can help alleviate pain and prevent future episodes.
- Get a good night’s sleep: Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night and sleep in a position that supports your spine, such as on your back with a pillow under your knees.
- Use over-the-counter pain relief: Over-the-counter pain relief medications, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, can help reduce back pain.
- Get a massage: Massage therapy can help relieve tension and tightness in the muscles of the back.
- Try acupuncture: Acupuncture can help relieve back pain by promoting the release of natural pain-relieving chemicals in the body.
- Use a supportive chair and/or mattress: A chair or mattress that provides good support can help alleviate back pain.
- Practice stress management techniques: Stress can contribute to back pain, so practicing stress management techniques like meditation, deep breathing, or yoga can be helpful in reducing pain.
Of course, the number one way to help relieve back pain is chiropractic care. Here at Audubon Park Chiropractic, we would be delighted to help you, as we have countless patients in the past. We are walk in friendly and work with many insurance plans. Walk in today if you are struggling and we would be delighted to help.